COVID-19: Mitigating the Impact on your Supply Chain
By ICS |
AmerisourceBergen, our parent company, has business continuity plans that include our global workforce and our teams are in daily communications with manufacturers, monitoring inventory levels and customer purchasing behavior for any potential impact to the product supply chain. Please visit the AmerisourceBergen website for daily updates.
ICS will continue to be highly engaged as the situation evolves on a day-to-day basis and will post updates here for our manufacturer clients.
March 30, 2020
As of Friday, March 20, ICS has updated our active business continuity plans through the lens of this global pandemic. These plans are designed to help us continue operating critical business functions. In response to COVID-19, we are taking additional measures to protect our associates, our customers and the patients they serve, including:
- Sanitation & Cleanliness Measures – Our distribution centers are taking extra measures for cleanliness. Distribution centers are using powerful EPA-approved disinfectants through electrostatic sprayers and standard spray canisters for 2-3 additional cleanings per day.
- Work from Home Policy – ICS associates continue to follow the Work from Home Policy that strongly encourages all associates who can successfully complete their responsibilities by working from home to do so. Many of the communities in which we live and serve are issuing orders to shelter in place. As a result of implementing our Work from Home Policy, we are able to follow these orders while maintaining our commitment to continue to serve our manufacturer clients and their patients.
March 13, 2020
- Work from Home Policy – With the goal of aiding efforts to slow the spread of COVD-19, AmerisourceBergen has issued guidance strongly encouraging all associates who can successfully complete their responsibilities by working from home to do so.
We know that the COVID-19 situation is fast changing and we are monitoring it closely. We are making decisions as quickly as possible in the best interest of our associates, while maintaining our commitment to continue to serve our manufacturer clients and their patients. We will continue to update you as things change and new decisions are made. Thank you for your flexibility and dedication in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
March 12, 2020
As an active participant in the global pharmaceutical supply chain, we would like to inform you of the measures we have in place, as well as those that we are implementing, to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) on your supply chain. As global citizens we also believe we can contribute to the global effort to contain the spread of COVID-19 and have identified additional preventative measures for our associates as well as our facilities, inclusive of distribution centers in Kentucky, Ohio and Nevada and our office in Carrollton, Texas.
Business Continuity Plans
In the event of a business disruption or pandemic situation, ICS has Business Continuity Plans (BCPs) in place with a focus on documenting effective strategies to continue and/or resume critical business functions during and after a disruptive event.
ICS Distribution Centers and Office Locations
- Restricted Onsite Visitors – Ensuring our associates, clients, prospects and vendors remain safe is our highest priority. As a result, we have restricted access to all ICS facilities. We will not allow any new prospects to be onsite at our distribution centers or in our Carrollton office. For current clients and vendors, we will evaluate access on a case-by-case basis based on business-critical needs.
- Evaluating Additional Storage Requests – We have experienced an increase in inquiries about moving product into the U.S. We are evaluating each request on a case-by-case basis. Please work with your Account Manager to discuss any specific needs in this area.
- Instituted Increased Cleaning Processes – ICS is also taking additional preventative steps across our Distributions Center network as well as in our Carrollton office to ensure safety for associates by reinforcing good hygiene practices, ensuring hygiene products are available to associates and implementing increased cleaning plans for facilities.
- Reinforced Illness Policy – If an immediate family member or anyone living with an associate of ICS has been asked to self-isolate, we have asked them to take the same precaution. If an associate develops flu-like symptoms, they have been advised to stay at home and not go to work.
- Prepared to Implement Work from Home Policy – For our Carrollton location, associates are prepared to institute our work from home policy as part of the ICS Business Continuity Plan. All associates in Carrollton are issued laptops and have the ability to work remotely through a secured VPN connection to conduct their duties and responsibilities, which we test monthly.
New Travel Restrictions for Domestic and International Business Travel
From now through December 31, 2020, all non-essential business travel and meetings are deferred, and associates are encouraged to use teleconferencing. Any associate that travels for leisure or personal travel to any country or location considered high or intermediate risk will self-quarantine for 14 days (10 business days).
Visitor Policy for Locations and Facilities Across AmerisourceBergen
In addition to restrictions referenced above, AmerisourceBergen has instituted a new visitor policy from now through September 31, 2020. AmerisourceBergen is limiting onsite visitors (including clients and customer visits) at all locations and will utilize teleconferencing technology for meetings.